Design professional layouts for print and digital publishing
Adobe?InDesign?CS5 software provides precise control over typography and built-in creative tools for designing, preflighting, and publishing documents for print, online, or to mobile devices. Include interactivity, animation, video, and sound in page layouts to fully engage readers.
- Cross-media publishing
- Create sophisticated page layouts for print publishing; interactive PDF documents that include video and sound; or engaging SWF documents complete with interactivity, animation, sound, and video for playback in the Adobe?Flash?Player runtime.
- Integration with Adobe CS Live online services*
- Speed up reviews of page layouts using Adobe CS Review, included in new Adobe CS Live online services. CS Live services are complimentary for a limited time.
- Integration with Adobe design, web, and digital reading applications
- Move projects smoothly from design to print or digital output, thanks to tight integration with industry-leading Adobe solutions such as Adobe Photoshop? Illustrator? Acrobat? Flash?Professional, and Digital Editions software.
- Productivity tools
- Produce sophisticated page layouts using customer-inspired productivity features such as smart guides, rapid table creation, multiple-file placement, the ability to create pages of different sizes in a single file, and streamlined object selection and editing.
- Robust text composition
- Create beautiful, sophisticated text for virtually any medium with professional typography features including styles, text wrap, the Paragraph Composer, OpenType?support, and drop caps. Include headlines that span or split columns without a separate text frame.
- Built-in creative tools
- Explore creative possibilities directly within Adobe InDesign?CS5 using integrated drawing tools, built-in Adobe Photoshop effects, finer transparency controls, and support for 3D Photoshop artwork.
- Preflighting and production
- Speed up production, enjoy the ability to export PDFs in the background as you continue to work, and deliver error-free documents with live preflighting, document-installed fonts, JDF technology, presets, and onscreen controls.
- Create powerful automated workflows to reduce the time you spend on repetitive layout tasks. Incorporate database-driven content for greater efficiency when publishing across channels.
- Rapidly build unique workflows and software solutions for custom publishing using InDesign Markup Language (IDML), an XML-based file format that enables developers to create or modify files using standard XML tools.
- Collaboration in editorial workflows
- Improve collaboration between design and editorial teams with tight integration between InDesign CS5 and Adobe InCopy?CS5 software.
- Intel?Pentium?4 or AMD Athlon?64 processor
- Microsoft?Windows?XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended); Windows Vista?Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1; or Windows 7
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- 1.6GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
- 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- DVD-ROM drive
- Adobe?Flash?Player 10 software required to export SWF files